1. A raisin and a sultana?
A raisin comes from red grapes, a sultana from white. Answer contributed by a friend living in NZ through this site. Thanks, Tracie!
2. Bain marie and double-boil?
3. Blanching, boiling and poaching?
4. A cupcake and a muffin?
Quick and dirty answer to this is cupcakes have frosting. Scientific answer available on this site. Answer contributed by Annonymous
5. Frosting and icing?
6. Single cream, double cream and whipping cream?
7. Instant yeast and active yeast?
8. 3g and 4g?
9. Chopped and minced?
10. Chiller and fridge?
11. Squid, sotong, cuttlefish and 'jiu-he'? Question contributed by my friend TS.
12. Baking powder and baking soda? Question contributed by my friend Evelyn.