Monday, January 2, 2012

Europe pigout - series of blogposts coming up

Thinking of my readers even as we walk the cobbled streets in Munich
First and foremost, my sincerest apologies for the lack of posts in the two and a half weeks I was in Europe. Getting a wireless connection was like feeling warmth and sunlight in my face - which was about 5 minutes everyday. I believe in being a faithful blogger and was utterly disappointed that technology in Europe failed me. It was also the first time I missed my regular Word of the Week! I've never thought more about my readers!

On a brighter note, a very blessed new year to friends from all around the world! (Did you see my post on which countries my top ten readers come from?) Have you thought about what this year holds for you? Personally, I am believing God for an upgrade of my culinary skills to ExtraVirginChef.2! While I  have made significant progress from someone who considered boiling water as cooking, as recent as 12 months ago, to being able to cook a fairly decent meal for my family of 3 teenagers, I am nowhere near where I want to be. There is just so much to learn in life and in cooking. And I want to learn as much as possible while the interest and passion are still there. I don't know how long this fad of mine will last or where it will lead or when my savings from the corporate job will run out but while it's there, I might as well pick up this practical and rewarding life skill.

So, I will be posting again very soon thanks to living in the one of the most connected societies in the world, my beloved Singapore. Meanwhile, here's one view I see every morning that inspired a few thoughts in life and some dishes too. 

Have a blessed 2012, all my wonderful readers. I wish you a year of joy and happiness with your beloved friends and family!

The beautiful lake in Tegernsee (tey-gern-zee), less than an hour's drive south of Munich


Please click on "Europe pig-out" to read all related posts.







2 comments:

Tell me what you think. I want to know.