Monday, September 12, 2011

A quick salad dressing


A vinaigrette dressing in its simplest form consists of olive oil and lime juice. Here, I add honey, wasabi, salt, spring onion and shallot. And I have some cherry tomatoes to get rid of, so these go in as well. Took me 3 minutes to assemble this. It's good to use a glass jar for easy mixing and storing.

I plan to use this dressing for a prawn mango salad tonight. I don't have avocado but I figured I can get by with just the prawns and the mango. I also remember in our portioning class that it's about 25g of greens per head and I have prepared 3 portions tonight of baby spinach and mixed greens. Quick, fast, cheap, healthy.

Sometimes, I use high end stuff and some days, I just use
anything I can get my hands on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I want to know.