Thursday, September 8, 2011

Brocolli Almondine

Be gentle with the almond flakes. Mine are kinda broken. 

Last week when we started Moist heat cooking on Western cuisine, a side dish we learned during that lesson was a broccoli almondine which I had liked. I even like the name Almondine!

I tried making for dinner tonight with some success. Success is defined by how many broccoli florets my son who hates vegetables eat. Well, he took about 3 tonight!

This dish is so simple and it took me 5 minutes to pull the thing together. I'm all for unprocessed, whole ingredient type of food. And this one is like eating vitamins! You know the best medicine is food and food is the only medicine without side effects. Warning: do try this at home!

Recipe 
Serves 4


1 kg fresh and preferably organic broccoli
TT salt and pepper (TT as in To Taste)
60g whole butter
30g almond flakes
1 garlic clove minced (I used 2 as we are a true blue garlic-loving Chinese family!)
60ml lemon juice (I left this out cos I forgot! Anyway, my kids may not like it.)

Method
Cut broccoli into small florets. Rinse and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place broccoli in a single layer on a perforated tray and steam until tender about 2-3 mins
Separately, melt butter in a saute pan. Add almonds and garlic.
Cook until lightly brown.
Arrange broccoli on serving plate and sprinkle butter and almonds all over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I want to know.