Monday, September 5, 2011

Moist heat cooking on Indian cuisine

Pulao - Basmati rice with 3C (cinnamon, cloves, cardamon), star anise, mint leaves and coriander leaves. I like!

The dishes we learned today are:

1. Pulao or Basmati rice cooked by pulao method (moist/steam)
2. Murgh Methi Masala (Chicken masala with fenugreek leaves)
3. Vendakkai Meen Curry (Fish curry with okra) - This one is very good! Recipe provided here
4. Aloo Gobi (Potato and Cauliflower masala)

This fish dish takes my vote as today's high performer with minimal
effort. I am so going to try this knowing how much my husband loves fish.
Cauliflower and potatoes. OK OK lah! A good side dish.
Top view. Hard to show Indian cuisine through amateur photography!

And now, may I introduce you to my new friend, Fenugreek, whom I met for the first time today. 

Fenugreek seeds. Yes, I hid her in my chef's pocket and brought her home.
Soak in water for a few hours till cloudy, then serve as a drink. Reduces heat in the body and is also commonly administered in India to babies to comfort them and settle them if they cry incessantly. You can also drop some into your masala tea. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I want to know.