Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Next move - joining a social enterprise

No one has a right to sit down and feel hopeless. There is a lot to be done.

This piece of news is for those who have been following my journey and to answer the most-frequently question I get from you - What next? Yes, I have taken another step away from the corporate world. From quitting my 20-year career in strategic communications and public relations (no, that's not marketing!), to interning in a restaurant, enrolling as a student in a culinary school, and now this - joining a social enterprise. 

Very simply put, a social enterprise is an organisation that achieves its primary aim in a social or environmental cause using business strategies. The one I have chosen to join believes in feeding children with Good Food "'cos no child should starve in a world of Happy Meals." It also supports World Vision to "Make Poverty History". 

More posts to come in the next days and weeks on this new adventure, from classroom training, to kitchen training, to learning more about opening a new restaurant, and my "terms of employment"!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I want to know.