|Home-made orange ginger cookies - biting into them while staring at this afternoon thunderstorm got me|
into a rather nostalgic mood
It will be a cosy squeeze for the 5 of us in our Mini, and with the monsoon season, we're not too sure of sunshine but everyone we love is in one place and that's all that matters.
|Peanut butter cookies for the kids - taken with my iPhone. Crumbly and sweet!|
|These reduced-sugar, orange zesty ginger cookies are more for me!|
21/4 cup plain flour
2 Tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp nutmeg
(You can add 1/2 tsp turmeric if you want it to look orangy)
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup honey (replace with corn syrup if you want crispier cookies)
1 orange zest
2 Tbsp orange juice
1. Sieve the first 7 ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
2. With a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add egg.
4. Mix honey, zest and juice.
5. Slowly incorporate flour mixture into butter mixture.
6. Cling-wrap in a mixing bowl and chill dough in the fridge for an hour.
7. Pre-heat oven to 190C.
8. Make 24 1-inch balls and slightly flatten with a fork to make lines.
9. Bake for about 10 mins or until it browns to the colour you like.
10. Leave it on a wire mesh to cool and harden.
11. When completely cool, keep in an airtight container and bring with you to that roadtrip.
12. Enjoy, take some pix and post on my wall!