Saturday, June 16, 2012

Grilled Aubergine Parcels


This picture was taken with an iPhone under a big tree with ants threatening to swarm in on our food, so do excuse the quality.

It's our Ladies Vegan picnic lunch date again, and since the success of my ratatouille in the park, I expected to keep up with the imaginary standard I have now imposed on myself. A simple salad doesn't quite cut it. So I decided on this aubergine (eggplant, brinjal) parcel recipe. It had looked cute on this Meditteranean cookbook I got for my last birthday. Those cookbook writers always make them look so easy. 





Recipe
2 large long aubergines
225g mozzarella cheese
2 plum tomatoes
16 large basil leaves
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil

For the Dressing
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
1 Tbsp lemon juice

For the Garnish
2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
Torn basil leaves

Verdict: I need to do this delicious and healthy dish one more time, if nothing else for a better shot!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! It's great when you love to eat something that's also good for you.

      Delete
  2. Oooo.... love these parcels.
    I wonder if the courier company wants to help deliver these to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, looks gorgeous and healthy! What is the name of the cookbook you referred to, Evc? Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rougebaguette, yes, yummy, pretty and healthy dish. The recipe is from The complete Meditterranean cookbook by Jacqueline Clark and Joanna Farrow. Thanks for dropping by and I'm glad to hear you like it too. I was pretty wowed by it seeing the picture in the cookbook.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. I want to know.