Thursday, August 16, 2012

Banana Yoghurt Coconut Cupcakes


This is a quick way to get rid of some longstanding ingredients in the fridge and pantry. My super-ripened bananas with skin that had already turned completely black and the frozen shredded coconut that's been in there for a month. 15 minutes prep time and 20 minutes oven time. A lovely afternoon snack for everyone at home.

Lovely and easy recipe to come back to - it yields 12 very moist cupcakes. Sorry, I like my cupcakes topless so no pretty frosting to woo you with.

Er...we wiped them all clean before I could even start this blogpost!

Recipe
Dry Ingredients
13/4 cup plain flour, sieved
1/2 tsp baking powder, sieved
1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup and they're fine)
2/3 cup shredded coconut (leave some to roast as toppings - this I forgot to do)

Wet ingredients
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
Mashed bananas (I used 3 medium sized ones)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used Greek yoghurt)



3 comments:

  1. I prefer my cupcakes without frosting too. The addition of shredded coconut is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your encouraging comments on my blog, PH. You've been great.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for dropping by, Luan. These cupcakes remind me that I need to bake some more for breakfast tomorrow. I prefer the 'skinny' versions too - they keep longer as well.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. I want to know.