I had never baked a muffin until now. I always thought this is best left to the professional bakers but I was wrong. ANYBODY can bake a good muffin, even a kitchen noob like me. Don't need to sign up for expensive cooking classes. All you need is YOUTUBE and a willingness to learn. This is true education - not the way Food&Nutrition is taught and tested in schools where kids end up hating to cook.
|My first attempt at baking anything. The victory here is in DOING IT!|
|My learning continues in a shopping mall.|
|Stop and smell fresh muffins out of an oven.|
- 400g plain flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 280ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 75g melted butter
- 100g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 140g blueberries or just one pummet/pack
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place flour, baking powder and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and melted butter together. Add to mixing bowl and mix until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Add 3/4 of the nuts and blueberries and fold into the muffin mix. Divide between the muffin cases.
- Sprinkle over the remaining nuts and bake for about 20 min until risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
- Tell me about it!